Sunday, April 16, 2006

The good & the great

Good and pretty great actually:


New Dr. Who.

Excellent good fun, first of the new series yesterday evening.
Not the best story ever, but it was okay - great zombie moments - and DT and BP did the job. No, I don't think he's as sexy as CE, (sorry Trac, he's just a bit too pretty) but he's pretty okay.

****************************

And in other news.....

Possibly weird but also very good:

The good old National Trust have an ugly vegetable competition - all gardeners take note.
Encouraging us not to succumb to the supermarket trend for perfectly formed (according to what criteria?) and standardised veg. We're aware of the need to resist Western culture's body-facism, but here we can also fight vegetable facism. The site includes handy tips on how to grow non-standard veg. Luce and Meg - we expect great things from your allotments. (are you back yet????)

***************************

Simply weird:
Did you know there is a pig olympics
Strange but true.
They run

they jump

they jump through hoops

they swim

who knows, it seems they might even fly.


***************************

Good and great:
I was delighted to learn from a reputable and trustworthy
source (good enough for me, anyway) that although women may be more prone to depression than men, there is research recently published which suggests that older women who have one or two (alcoholic) drinks a day may be guarding themselves against declining brain function. Those in the test who drank scored 20% higher in mental cogition tests than those who didn't.

Which only goes to show, I've been right all along.
Average age of those tested was 69, but it seems to me that anything over 39 is old, in terms of some criteria. Isn't that right?

****************************


PS Not sure what category this comes in.
Slut-test
Apparently I'm 39% slut.
I couldn't possibly say if thats good or bad.
Test comes from
this blog.

11 comments:

Molly Bloom said...

Lettuce, those pigs are so cute. I saw them in the paper today but they only had the swimming one. I love piglets. They are the best!

I have put you into the 'prize' story. I hope you like how I've done it.

Hope you had a great Easter.
lots of love, Betttttteeeeee (drunken)

grumpy old woman said...

That is SUCH good news about the alcohol consumption thingy for older women - thanks, Lettuce, you've made an old woman very happy
~(:o})=

Gel said...

Hi Lettuce!

Thanks for dropping by my "Green" blog via my net friend Jay (to Kill the Goat) about a month ago. According to the "test" I took here, I have to use the Slutty excuse- OMG: such a funny test. I guess *that* is the reason why I haven't blogged? My husband will crack up at my score. I was a a "goody 2 shoes" yet, I scored 46% w/ honest answers. LMAO! However, we all know those tests are (ahem) HARD to take, because there is no gray area, only 2 choices...

Creative play on words to your post instead of "The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly." Enjoyed all the trivia tidbits. Those pig olympics- um: yeah LOL! (I don't drink, but you're funny!!)

I've a lot of catching up to do on blog reading. Peeps are wondering where the H I've been. Enjoyed my visit and I'll return.

Molly Bloom said...

Iwas 75%. Does that mean I should go into therapy?

Jay said...

Love, love, love the concept of veg facism.

I soft-boiled some eggs on Sunday for my Easter braid, and I thought of you.

Molly Bloom said...

No wonder Wendy scored highly after having eaten you yesterday. Hee hee.

Tanya said...

oh my god and Bettys, slut!

Tanya said...

jealous moi, wish I was a slut too!

Tracie P. said...

i would like it if the first prize winner got to become a bel prosciutto!

The fabric of my life said...

69% me!

Tanya said...

Dons "Slut"...