Friday, February 17, 2006

ipswiching



Yeeayy! pics! there'll be no stopping me now.....

My Little Gem on the left, and Lu's 2 on the right. We had a lovely time in Ipswich, thanks so much Lu. This was a good muddy sunny country walk just after we'd arrived. I like living in London, but it was nice to be in the country for a while.

Hmmm - trying to add another picture here:
but it will only add them to the top of the posting. Can i move around the pictures once they are added? please, all you expert bloggers, help if you can.


well managed it, sort of - but only by putting in the 1st picture 2nd - there has to be a simpler way.....
Anyway, this is not one of the family (ha ha) - we went to Colchester zoo, which was lots of fun: amazing and totally unfeasible giraffes, wonderful tigers, stinky but fab aardvarks - and this happy chappy. And a "zedonk" - a cross between a zebra and a donkey. I ask you, how imaginative is that? Reminded me of the house near my mother-in-law's, called "Mar-San" - Martin and Sandra no doubt, though it always makes me think of the Elsan we used to use in our toilet tent on family camping holidays..... And "Kevanic" - the home of my Auntie Ann, Uncle Vic and Keith. I think Tat's maison needs some such suitable name. Tageeflophlidulc.

Anyway - whether it was the country air, or Lu's company, or just being away - but i got 3 pretty good night's sleep, with no sleeping pills, no lettuce - just the odd banana and some warm milk. Luxury.
I had 2 good days, nearly managed to forget about my troubles and did actually enjoy myself. The next 2 days i wasn't brilliant company, sorry Luce. It all came back and hit me, bit like a brick in the face - but it was still so good to be with a friend - and we had picnics, lunch out, Jimmy's farm, jigsaw puzzle (bit of a tricky one, actually. didn't think to take a picture of it...) good cooking - just lovely to be there and so hard to come home.

Well, more pics. will follow - and I've taken a picture of my new slippers, Trac - will post soon!
In the meantime, check out this website: www.secretlair.com/babieswithbeards

5 comments:

ramblingwoman said...

oh, that poor orang-utan, it looked SO bored and cold! Yes, we had a good time didn't we? xx

Tanya said...

oh I geddit!! bit long though, bit of a mouthful. I did think of telling Nettie but I only have an hour or so, if you want to ask her go ahead. Shall we say 5.45 outside starbucks blackheath village? wednesday. Great you had a relaxing time, it's good to have a good cry with friends sometimes, you're too good at keeping things to yourself, it's great Luce isn't too far....

lettuce said...

5.45 is fine - tho,as Trac said - why outside?? And you know, an hour isn't Thanks for the info. Trac, i will get there eventually.
**************
And you can say anything you like!!!!
and yes, i'm a crap talker about my feelings too (and a good secret keeper) - up until a few months ago, now its sometimes hard to stop me!!! (with the talking about feelings, not blabbing about secrets)
But possibly too late....
********
hope to see you Weds?
xx

The fabric of my life said...

Glad you and Luce had a great time. It's good to get together with girlfriends. I am looking forward to Tatty's visit next week. It will be chaotic but fun. Enjoy your coffee girls :-)

Tanya said...

Hahaha just looked at babies with beards, is number 6 Mike as a baby???