Friday, April 15, 2011

spice

is amongst the reasons why the state of Kerala, in India, claims the slogan: "God's own country".



The state is full of spices, everywhere - growing, being sold, being cooked and eaten.






Amongst the spices I saw growing there were chilli


coriander, curry, cardamom,

nutmeg


cinnamon



turmeric, vanilla, rue, allspice, clove,

ginger and pepper






star anise



Spice is a major part of the culture, as well as the economy - whole shops devoted just to spices






and they were a feast for the palate as well as for the eyes





Other posts about spice are over at Theme Thursday

5 comments:

Roy said...

Mmmmmmm! I wish I could smell those pictures!

The Poet said...

Thanks for sharing.

Meryl said...

Even spices come in all shapes, shades, colors and sizes!

Lisa Ursu said...

A feast for the eyes, YES!!!!
Fantastic pics, thank you so much for sharing them. Roy is right, I can smell those pictures too!

Z said...

I adoredmy visit to Kerala and would love to go back. I only had a week and the previous week had been a very busy wedding, so I needed to relax. I'd love to go to the Cardamon Hills and spend some time among the spices.