Thursday, August 19, 2010

TT - news - holidays

Theme Thursday nearly got the better of me this time, I couldn't think of any photos in my archives which would do for "brush", even with my best lateral thinking hat on.

But then I noticed this arrangement in the kitchen.....




So this is today's Theme Thursday photo which is in honour of Anoia - in Terry Pratchett's discworld, the goddess of things that get stuck in kitchen drawers.

Most likely to get stuck - the bottle brushes

plus a pastry brush
plus the washing up brush
plus a paint brush of LG's
plus a dolphin nailbrush in the background. Nose only visible.





I've been a bit incommunicado in the blog world lately, for which apologies again.

I hit the ground running fast last September in a new job, on a year's contract after extricating myself from a nasty and unliveable situation in my previous job - and it feels as though I've hardly slowed pace or stopped since then.

I reached a high point of tension a few weeks back when I had to apply for my job, go through interview, worryworry lack of sleep etcetcetc, but thankfully I got the job.

Accumulated stress built up over quite a long period is seeping out of me, leaving me limp and intermittently vacant.

Last Friday at 5pm I jubilantly set my "out of office" message on my work email.

This Friday - tomorrow! eeeek! - I am off to India for 2 weeks, touring a bit in Kerala with a great friend and a few other people. I'm just, only just, just now, not quite, well almost beginning to believe that this is going to happen.

I'm very excited, and will be back in blogland - with photos no doubt - in a couple of weeks time.


toodle-oo

24 comments:

Julie said...

Enjoy India!

Tom said...

so cool, and congrats about the job

Brian Miller said...

sweet have fun on your trip!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

have a wonderful adventure!! ah india, i wonder if i'll ever make it there?

i can't wait to see what your eye brings back!! and keep that camera close to you!!!!

namaste!

Akelamalu said...

Have a fantastic time and you must tell me all about it when you get back because I'm off to Goa in November!

Roy said...

Bon voyage! Have a great time. And yes, bring us back lots of pictures.

Lynne said...

Have a great holiday in India!

Anonymous said...

have wonder..ful wanderings..you lucky girl :)xx

Giulia said...

Yes, enjoy India. I count on you for really great pix...of people & landscape. xoxo

annell4 said...

There you go, have a great time! Can't wait to see your photos!

ArtSparker said...

Oh, what a relief about the job. Very eager to see/hear about your travels.

moondustwriter said...

Enjoy your trip - those brushes make me feel like I have to work ugg

my TT is here

Betsy Brock said...

have a wonderful trip, lettuce!

Everyday Goddess said...

i wish you happy, safe travels!

it's true, those brushes sneak up on us and then there they are, all in a jar waiting to be a theme thursday post, nice!

The Silver Fox said...

Great little "collection" there!

tony said...

INDIA! ENJOY!!

Shammickite said...

oooooh wonderful! I'm so looking forward to your pictures. I know you'll have a great time..... Kerala! I am so envious!

Baino said...

Oh Sal how exciting. I didn't know about the job woes but I've had to apply for jobs I've been working in for years as well. Such is the Public Service eh. India sounds wonderful. Have a chillax and take loads of photos. And chuck out some of those brushes!

Betty said...

wooooooooooo ... hope the flight went well and that you're now happily acclimatising x

tammy said...

have an amazing trip, kerala is just beautiful and the food is awesome.

e said...

Sorry my comment has to follow your spam, Lettuce. I'm happy your job situation turned out well and I wish you a safe and fabulous holiday in India.

Little Tikes Race Car Twin Bed said...

India... a very adventurous and exciting place to be. If you haven't been there before, it can be an eye-opener.

Anyway, enjoy your trip and have a great time!

lettuce said...

thanks everyone
I've had a wonderful time

Kerala is truly beautiful, fabulous food and lovely people

photos will follow....

Steve Reed said...

India! Woooo! Definitely one of the best places ever! I didn't get to Kerala, so I look forward to seeing your photos!