Sunday, October 25, 2009

time




Our clocks changed last night, so having slept till 8am (old "summer" time), I was then reminded of the time change and realised that it was now only 7am (new "winter" time).



I spoke to my sister this morning. She'd not been too impressed with waking at 5.30 am (new time) - far too early for a Sunday morning.

Well maybe that serves her right for being so organised as to change her clocks ahead of time and before going to bed.



I, on the other hand, was quite delighted to realise that my morning had an extra hour in it - it feels like an unexpected free gift.
Though maybe there will be a cost to pay later this evening....


Ah well, I guess I'll need to take my bike lights for cycling home from work tomorrow.

13 comments:

Lynne said...

Nice photos! We haven't changed time yet. Ugh. I hate turning back the clocks!

Barbara said...

I'm not sure how you manage to catch the vein in every leaf!

It's so funny that time changed for you while it remained the same for us. How arbitrary!

ArtSparker said...

The word and leaf combination makes me think of the phrase "Down all the Days".

Akelamalu said...

We always change the clocks before we go to bed. It was nice to have a lie in this morning, especially as I had a little too much to drink last night! :0

Great photos Lettuce.

tony said...

isnt it a week early this year?

Ronda Laveen said...

Stunning, stunning photos! Fantastic colors.

They moved our time change a week later last year and it is the same this year. Not until next week.

Steve Reed said...

I love those photos! Especially the top one. Those scarlet leaves are amazing.

Our clocks change on Nov. 1.

Baino said...

At least your leaves 'turn' once a year. Try living with gum trees . . constant leafage! GAH! And nowhere near as pretty. Our clocks have changed as well. It's lovely to have daylight until 8. . .

Sally said...

Lovely, lovely, lovey orange leaves.

e said...

You get to ride a bike to work??? Lucky you! Those leaves are indeed beautiful. I hope all is well with you.

Shammickite said...

Our clocks change next weekend... on Hallowe'en.... woooooo! (scary howling noises in the distance)

Betty said...

Fab photos!
Greenwich Park?

lettuce said...

so some of you are changing time this weekend.... I've not adjusted yet, it feels very strange. Is this a sign of age?

Tony, it always seems a week early to me

e, I am lucky - and I cycle through the Park (yes, Greenwich) where I took these pics.