Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Thames

After she's had so many many many (really) pajama days lately - first over Christmas, then being off school sick most of last week - I didn't think LG would be too keen to go for a bike ride on Sunday.

She surprised me!

It was a bit chilly and blowy, but also bright and sunny and lovely and smelly and clear and busy and full of birds and cyclists and walkers and quite Spring-like - down there on the Thames cycle path.

I could have taken so many more photographs than I did but I wasn't sure how long LG's keenness would last. I still managed to take quite a few.....


Starting with these startlingly unseasonal catkins


and then going on to lots of pictures of the good old Thames.




































I was so happy to see that my ladder is still there.

Not mine personally, I just rather like it.

So no apologies to those of you who have seen a picture much like this before on my blog.

But note, the ladder has now been joined by a branch.

Nature and Culture? - both stuck in the same mud.

8 comments:

Pod said...

they may be related? love that last pic. you have quite an eye for a lettuce.....

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how we "adopt" things from the landscape, making them "our" branches or "our" trees or "our" ladders? I do the same thing.

Love the look of that marmalade, by the way!

joyce said...

Isn't that how life feels sometimes? Just going to stubbornly stay, right here. I know it looks like I'm not going anywhere, but I STILL LEAD TO SOMEWHERE!

Anonymous said...

It does look rather muddy...does it pong?

I had no time to do anything other than work today...but I learnt a new word...from one of my syudents, can you believe it....'auscultate' - we were talking about body parts and health etc etc and that's the word they use in French - I'd never heard of it so looked it up and it's the same in English..weird....

"Oooh doctor....are you going to auscultate me? Oooh la la la la.."

Just imagine - sounds so obscene.

Don't mind me I am rambling - brain overload.

lettuce said...

You know, Pod, you might be right about that! (the relationship, not my eye)
("my eye" - did you know thats the equivalent in French [mon oeil] of "my foot" in English?)

See, Wendz, I can ramble too. I hope you are auscultating.

Glad its not just me Steve!

And Joyce - I like the way you make being stuck in the mud an act of will and defiance!

Anonymous said...

Very useful site, nice :)

anatrim


best female diet pill for rapid weight loss


See you soon!

Tanya said...

Well how rude(above comment)Mud mud glorious mud.. haven't seen mud in ages, just snow hehehe.. and sunshine hehehe.. still i expect I'll see some mud in devon.. bisous x

Tanya said...

oh and I'm off for a swim now so i'll see some water...