Thursday, March 02, 2006

Reasons to be cheerful

Reasons to be cheerful
(Part 2)




:o)





1. Isn't nature wonderful.
there may be hope for us all!





2. And our daughter got her 2nd choice of secondary school - which I'm very close to nearly as pleased about as I would be if she'd got her first choice. (does that sentence work?)

Our first choice was a selective school and a bit of long journey - so I'm happier with No.2 - inclusive and nearby is better. But the first choice was mixed, which I'd have preferred to an all-girls school, like our second choice.
(and she's not v. pleased about the prospect of an all-girls school, says it will be boring without boys (she could be right!) and that she doesn't remember us discussing it and agreeing on the choices (which we did). But she's cheered up a lot about it now, says it wont be that bad, seems pretty happy. And the 6th form is mixed.)

So - HUGE relief all around!

3. And pretty good sleep last night. Banana-aided - but no lettuce. (I've got all this emergency back-up lettuce in the fridge - what shall I do with it all? Can't give too much to the guinea pigs, even if it hasn't got laudanum in it!)

4. Cycled through Greenwich Park this morning, wonderful crisp bright day, blue skies, fat buds on the rhodedendrons (rhodedendra?).



Short blog today, I've been a bit too rambley lately.

Today's dillos are here and here (thanks to Betty Cress) we don't yet have these in our house, but soon will!!

TTFN

P.S. James Blunt - straight in to top of charts in the USA, apparently. (You're beautiful, or some other song none of us have ever heard). Those yanks eh? suckers - just like us in the UK!

12 comments:

Onyx said...

Thanks for stopping by! I almost got your haircut but the hairdresser would not let me cut too short. LOL!

I love your color! I wouldn't dye it. Too much of a pain, plus it looks great the way it is!

leon's life said...

Thanks for leaving a message on my blog. I have been visiting your blog too, but was too shy up until now to leave a comment.

I have the same daffodil problem as you, maybe they are the type of flower we should just leave in the garden !!

I like your hair too, if it's short and you dye it you wil send the rest of your life touching up the roots.

Tanya said...

Good news about the school, which one? is Sos happy? and Mike? Girls are away from the 7th until the 25th August on a horsey holiday this year :-)

Molly Bloom said...

This is a lovely entry with lots of joy in it. I love it.

Molly Bloom said...

Can't seem to get on my blog today - it's having a rest I think. And my sidebar seems to have slipped to the bottom of the page when I can get on there. Bit like my brain at the moment - all floppy and slippy!!

ramblingwoman said...

Where there's life there's hope, or is the other way round? Any road, hope is the word! (not Grease!) I know we talk on MSN like EVERY WAKING MINUTE of the day, but I like commenting on your blog anyway!

Molly Bloom said...

I put a reference to you in a poem today and a little picture too because your blog has cheered me up today and seeing that tulip standing up has been symbolic - it really is lovely.

Tanya said...

Good news, Plum manor has improved over the years I was told and they have a reputable art section am I right? On the plus side I know a really really nice family whose daughter goes there. She is a year older than little Gem but a fab girl, I'll be seeing them soonish so I will tell her to look out and make friends with little Gem and show her the ropes :-)

The fabric of my life said...

There, told you so! They are forgiving things those tulips :-)

Molly Bloom said...

In the Guardian this morning, they mentioned something called 'Lettuce Remedy' from the Master Children's Range from flowersense.co.uk 02085679412 and I got quite excited. Thought I would mention it. It's for children but I use a lot of my daughter's remedies - they are often quite soothing and gentle. I just liked the name of the product too and thought you would :)

lettuce said...

really? lettuce-remedy! I must check that out, thanx! :o)

Anonymous said...

makes ringger started fiona listening refugees hussain seniors unacceptable textskebel verbal
lolikneri havaqatsu