Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Knock down ginger

I unexpectedly have a day at home. M and I were going to go to the Gothic Nightmares exhibition at the Tate, but he has a bad cold, was up in the night wheezing and snuffling and really shouldn't be out anywhere today. Poor love.

Letter No.3 is on the way. I spent much of yesterday writing it. Its not terribly stroppy... but is a bit... I nearly didn't write anything at all, the stroppiness was subsiding and I just didn't feel I had the emotional energy. Things have reached a strange sort of plateau and it would be too easy to let inertia take over. But once I started writing, it was all still there, waiting to be tapped into .....

Its felt rather like playing knock down ginger, delivering letters 1 and 2. Knocking on the door and then running away.

I'm not sure there is much in this letter that I haven't already said, but I am sure its not all been heard.

So, that gives me a day at home, making poor M hot drinks, reading through and worrying about Letter No.3 (there can be such a fine line between honesty and artifice) doing a bit of work maybe, blogging (yay!).

It would have been the first time we've been out together for a long long while.
Ho hum. I'd better go and put the central heating on.

6 comments:

Molly Bloom said...

Goodness, what time did you get up this morning. I'm going to see the Gothic Nightmares soon. Marvellous stuff. I used to be in a Goth band when I was younger. I thought I was so cool! You can still see them on the net if you like - www.manuskript.co.uk. Have a laugh. I don't get any royalties though - ho hum.

Identikit said...

My daughter went through a Goth phase. She died her beautiful blonde hair black, dressed up as Winnie the Witch and refused to smile for months. Happy days!

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time at home. I hope the letter writing helps. Sometimes though there are huge dull plateaux to cross on your way up the mountain to reach the other side. It's always tempting to grab your crampons and dive up the nearest crags to the top but sometimes the long way round is safest in the end. I've been at the receiving end of letters (probably not as well thought out and well written as I'm sure yours are) but written from the heart nonetheless. I think it is sometimes easier to forgive and forget things which are spoken than things which you can read again and again and interpret in so many different ways. But that's just my experience and I don't know M or you so it's poppycock probably.

Just think carefully before you send it and if you've got a sister or someone you can bear to let read it first then do so.

lettuce said...

hmm thanks for the advice, I'll think about it. I think, with Trac, that things don't get heard properly or thought about in the heat of conversation (... is pretty heated sometimes).

My daughter is fairly goth at the moment (mixed with a little bit of grunge). It suits her.

ramblingwoman said...

Goth is way better than Chav. My oldest went to school with a white hair band in and a horrible long side fringe. Ewwwww, chav daughter, give me goth any day!

ramblingwoman said...

just saw that I commented as Luce productions. THat must have been confusing! Sorry. Was uploading photos at the time.

Identikit said...

I think perhaps I should take my own advice and get someone to read what I write before I send it! Pretentious nonsense.

Perhaps we should all go Goth tomorrow? It'll be bye bye Hermione, hello Siouxsie for me.