Monday, March 06, 2006

"Forbidden"

What a relief!
I couldn't access my blog for some time this afternoon - from a variety of computers and browsers - and nor could my friend Luce, my phone-a-friend. (and blog-a-friend, and MSN-a-friend).
An alarming error message saying "Forbidden" came up, "Access denied".

So I'm relieved to be back.

Sorry for all the misery yesterday, today has been better.
(Thanks for nice thoughts/messages from some of you)

I managed to get myself together enough yesterday afternoon to go out for a bike ride, along the Thames cycle path from the Thames barrier to the Millennium Dome - it was a beautiful clear sunny day, bright and crisp, and the path was full of walkers and other cyclists. There is one section with rather dubious-smelling mud and half-submerged shopping trolleys (and, surreally, the top few feet of a ladder, standing upright out of the water like Excalibur) but on the whole its a quite nice stretch of the river, past the yacht club and ecology park - a good walk/ride. I managed to drag little Gem out for the same bike ride on Saturday, and she eventually admitted to enjoying it. I'll take my camera next time and take some pictures to post... I've not been blogging quite long enough to have my camera constantly by my side wherever I go - as, I'm sure, will soon be the case.

This also cheered me up, when I got back:



Little Gem toasting marshmallows. It may be pretty cold here without the compensation of snow, but we're making the best of the still-wintry weather with lots of fires at the weekend.

I also went commando last night - soporifically-speaking. (If you don't count the warm milk) (or the lavender oil).
No bananas left, I hadn't shopped since about Wednesday (and who else in our house is going to buy fruit?)
And I really really couldn't be arsed with the lettuce. But I slept pretty well, so I do believe that my days of lettuce-scoffing at midnight may be over.

I will admit to quite missing the bedtime banana though.

Dillo No. 9 :



- pretty cute, especially as he's only 8cm/3" tail to nose.

And here is a fun website - I managed to score a "rocketing rabbit" after a couple of go's - what an insult though that the slowest is "ambling armadillo"! Stereotyping, or what? They race armadillos in Texas, you know.

11 comments:

Tanya said...

I used to ride along the water, sometimes with Luce, for a coffee stop at sainsburys. In fact I fell off my bike there with Pink! Glad you feel better today and glad you got together with Trac for a coffee.

ramblingwoman said...

I can't passed the Bob cat stage despite having millions of goes. I'll try again in the morning!


Glad you blog came back! Phew.

ramblingwoman said...

just read my comment 'can't passed?' What sort of English teacher am I hoping to be with grammar like that?

I was so tired last night though. Will have another go at it!

PS: I've never seen that dillo, where's it been hiding?

lettuce said...

ah, this one perches on the top edge of the type-set box on the wall in the lounge - but mostly down the back of the armchair, as it falls down whenever someone shuts the door!

Molly Bloom said...

Glad you're feeling better today. I'd like to see the ladder sticking up. We saw a polystyrene head of a horse once in the river in storm weather. It was spinning round and looked fantastic. Wish I'd had my video camera. We watched all sorts spin round that afternoon. It was amazing.
I couldn't get on my blog yesteray either - with the same message - but not on the lap-top strangely enough. Bizarre.

The fabric of my life said...

Hey it's ok to be miserable once in a while. You have a good excuse!

We have that dillo too. It used to sit on the dashboard of our camper van and was called 'looky' because he seemed to be looking from side to side with the rythm of the driving. Have to admit I didn't know that he was a dillo, he was just looky!

I love an open fire. It's just one of the great things about winter.

The fabric of my life said...

Oh and another thing. I couldn't get onto blogger yesterday either!

ramblingwoman said...

Your wp says 10c and it's only 6.45am! That's it, I'm moving back to London. My WP says 4C

lettuce said...

ha ha luce. Warm. But wet.

You're welcome Trac :o)

Woo Gilchrist said...

Hello Lettuce,

Love the blog and thanks for the LOTR Diary link - I laughed so much at the Aragorn one!! ha ha ha ha!

Onyx said...

That's an adorable dillo! you definately need to take pictures of that route. I'm intrigued. :-)