Monday, February 27, 2006

My salad days

Today I went to Woolwich and I bought:
lots of green stuff



It can't go on like this! However, I am still sleeping mostly pretty well, so i guess it will go on like this for a while.
Romaine, for a change... (yum) and more Little Gem - of course. Its such a handy size for a bed-time snack. I'm surprised that hasn't been used as an advertising slogan.


Today I went to Woolwich and I bought:
lots of green stuff
and some flowers.



Tip of the week - tulips don't do that droopy thing if you pierce the stem - just below the flower - with a pin or needle. (which can then be removed! ) (or not, of course, if you prefer).
It works. Don't know why, but it does.


Today I went to Woolwich and I bought:
lots of green stuff
some flowers
and
a jigsaw and some buttons.


From the charity shop. LOVE buttons. Especially old ones. I've not had a chance to look through them yet, it looked as tho' there are at least a few nice quite old ones.
I know 3 people who have a mild phobia about buttons - weird, eh? They do wear clothes with buttons, but couldn't bear to put their hands in a button box & wouldn't handle them unless they had to.

Funny things, phobias. Well, not really I suppose!
My mother-in-law has a sort of phobia about tea leaves. Apparently black bin liners is also quite a common phobia. My husband has a cousin in Malta who is afraid of cucumbers. Best not to ask! Oh my god-michet!!! (thanks Tat).

Today I went to Woolwich and I bought:
lots of green stuff
some flowers
a jigsaw and some buttons
and some other stuff about which i have nothing interesting to say.


Still a bit more than i should have been carrying home on the bus, but the legs of lamb (baaaaa) were half price, and we had no red wine in the house.... so i clearly had no choice.

Last night, we intended to watch Midsomer Murders - never seen it before but my husband wanted to watch it as a Miss Marple substitute. (??! but who am i to argue? at least it gets him back in the same world as me for a while) He put the TV on the wrong channel and we were half-way through the Poliakoff before we realised!!! hahahahahaha - kept waiting for John Nettles to appear - he didn't!! What are we like??? I know!
I was glad actually, i meant to set a tape for the Poliakoff but forgot. Thought Bill Nighy looked younger - and then
found out it was made 7 years ago - so he was !! Miranda Richardson was quite delicious as usual. It was good - i kept thinking it would all go horribly wrong, or something gruesome would happen (had obviously been preparing myself for murders ...) but it didn't.

sooooooooooo I think thats it, for today.

Except thanks to Trac for more good technical blog-advice.

And except that i read in the papers that Apple on-line music store sold their billionth track - the customer received $10,000 in vouchers, 10 iPods and an iMac. Lucky lucky bastard! Who needs 10 iPods?

And except this - click here for a good laugh!

And except for the dillo (No.5) of course:



Not funky, but handy - you can put things inside it!
Who'd have thought there was so much variety in the world of dillos. (thats still dillos, not dildos)


8 comments:

ramblingwoman said...

Although I'm told Dildo's can come in a wide variety too! (ooh er missus)

Great dillo, I'd say 8/10 and dillo number two was 9/10.

I wanted to say something else....but forgotton....if I go back to your blog to prompt me will I lose all this?

ramblingwoman said...

I discovered that I would!

ramblingwoman said...

OH YES! REMEMBERED WHAT IT WAS! Did you know what the millionth track bought from itunes was? If my memory serves me correctly, which it probably doesn't I think it was .....


COLDPLAY (oh my Godmichet!)

ramblingwoman said...

that's billionth! not millionth, sorry. Short term memory problems today. Eh? Who's coming?

lettuce said...

hahaha - you're rambling, luce.

ramblingwoman said...

my mum has a balloon phobia. I have a kind of one. I hate children blowing up balloons - once heard a story about a child inhaling the balloon while blowing it up - with fatal consequences. I particularly hate seeing very young children around balloons. As bad a plastic bag in my view.

lettuce said...

Coldplay. Would you need a whole iPod for that?

balloons eh? - tho i'm not sure Luce's counts as a phobia does it, as there's a rational explanation.....

ramblingwoman said...

i think poliakoff is a case of 'the emperors new clothes'. No one has ever dared tell him he is actually crap. (In my opinion)